15 May 2012

Well Then Why Don't You Marry It?

When I have a brand new hairdo

With my eye lashes all in curl

I float as the clouds on air do

I enjoy being a girl!

Top: Forever 21
Skirt: Printemps
Shoes: Target
Purse: Hand-me-down
Earrings: Forever 21

I eyed this skirt for almost my entre semester in France, never actually thinking I would own it. Thanks to the three beautiful and generous friends of mine, I can now call this skirt mine.

Every time I would go grocery shopping last semester with these girls, we would walk through a department store called Printemps. And every time I would stop and admire this skirt. (I kind of have a thing for tulle. Particularly pale pink tulle. One of those “well, why don’t you marry it?” type of things.) The only problem with this skirt is it was way out of my price range. Really, being that I was a poor unemployed foreign exchange student, everything was out of my price range. But you can make an argument for buying food you don’t have any money for whereas the most marvelous skirt in the world it a different story (although, I’d say not that different).

Needless to say, you can imagine my reaction when I opened a birthday package from my three friends and found this skirt inside. One of them wrote in her note to me that she thought I might “crie de joie.” I did in fact crie de joie, which freaked out my sister who was sitting in the room right next to me. But, c’mon, just look at the gorgeousness that is this skirt. Can you really blame me?

(Fine. You know what maybe I would marry it if I could. So there. Now stop judging me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment